LIFE LATELY VOL. 06 — HI, USA.
Okay so if you don't know already, I'm now living in the United States of America. 🇺🇸
I still can't believe it. The K1 Visa process definitely stretched our patience but God is always on time and we finally ended the distance last 10th of August 2018. Our trip to the USA wasn't the most pleasing but I'd say it was an extraordinary experience (that I will be writing on a different blog).
So what's happening now? How am I doing here and have I finally adjusted? This is life lately...
- The weather here is beautiful. I'm still so amazed how everyone wear shirts and shorts while I try my best to cover up because most days are breezy for me, it's not even fall yet.
- We are staying at Julian's mom and stepdad's house here in Germantown which by the way is really stunning. I've been to different countries but the US vibe is just so different.
- Our room is finally coming together and we recently shopped at IKEA to achieve our dream room.
- My Starbucks consumption went from 0 to 100% real quick. I now get why Starbucks is part of people's lives here — it's in every corner like a Shawarma House.
- Chick-Fil-A changed my fast-food life. How can this not be in Dubai?
- I've met a lot of amazing people from Julian's local church King of the Nations and Ascend. It felt like I've met them before, thanks to Instagram. haha!
- I attended my fist ever Basecamp and it was an amazing experience. Just like Every Nation Campus, I live to see the young generation worship God and give their lives to Him.
- I cooked my first ever ADOBO with Julian and it felt like an accomplishment. If you know me, then you know I don't cook so this was a milestone.
- I've been to 3 states — Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. I won't consider New York even though we landed in JFK because I didn't really get to see and explore the city. Tomorrow, we are going to Washington DC to see the monuments and explore like a local!
- I received my first ever collaboration and I'm very excited to review and post about it!
- I have yet to decide whether Chipotle is something to be crazy about. 😂
- Safeway makes me want to go grocery shopping everyday for one reason —it's checkout and bagging system. You have to pay for your plastic bag (if you need one) which is awesome because you're basically reducing plastic consumption. Unlike in Dubai, cashiers bag a packet of gum.
- Clothes, makeup, and Starbucks here are wayyyyyyyy cheaper compared to Dubai.
- I'm on AMAZON 24/7. Is that a bad thing? lol.
- Online shopping here is super easy, I'm not sure if that's a good thing if you know what I mean.
I can't deny, I'm missing my family so much. I miss seeing them everyday and eating my mom's home cook meals. It's really different and the distance make me teary-eyed sometimes but I just pray and brush off that emotion. I'm sure I'll see them soon.
Julian is taking good care of me and loving me everyday. He's helping me adjust and making my transition easier than ever. I'm 7000 miles away from the country I got used to doing life but now that I have Julian by my side, I wouldn't want this any other way.
Other than that, I think I finally beat jet-lag after trying to adjust my sleeping schedule for a week. It's officially my 12th day in the USA which is now "home" for me. There's a lot to see, to try, to adjust on, to overcome, and to discover which I'm really excited about.
So yeah, welcome to my life here in the USA. 🇺🇸